Friday, April 21, 2023

Progress? What Does Recovery Look Like?

 I have always used the phrase, cautiously optimistic. I have always been a glass half full kind of girl. If you look hard enough, you can find good in almost any situation. It isn't always easy, but you can. 

I have noticed the shutdowns in our industry have changed me. I promise and am committed to the fact that it will not change me forever.  But I am painfully aware that I was changed by those events. The world was changed by those events. I ran into some people I knew last night, and we talked about the effects of the shutdowns on entire generations of young people. I don't want to dwell on those things, but realizing how I have changed is the first step to moving beyond it.

I am still slightly fearful in our business. Not in what we do, or what we deliver, but in the future. It is my current reality.

Our industry has rebounded beyond belief. There is so much encouraging news and activities surrounding trade shows.  For example, Shot Show, one of the largest shows of the year boasted record numbers of exhibitors and attendees this year.  You can read some stats here:  Shot Show Stats.

All over my LinkedIn Feed I see reports like this one showing a 69% increase from 2022 (which by the way was a great year for trade shows) to 2023.  Read more here:  69% Increase

Also, all over LinkedIn are trade show exhibit companies like Total Displays, all over the country that are looking for new staff in absolutely every type of position.  

Today, what got me, as I was sitting at my desk, is watching 4 cars drive into our parking lot to park out front and come into our office. We have an interview this morning for another position.  I so clearly remember the days where it was just David and me in the office, wondering, honestly, if we were going to make it. Watching those cars pull in, I teared up a little. There is always hope. 

I am thankful for the partners that stood by us, the customers and prospects that trust us with their business. We are very blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment