Thursday, July 14, 2016

Ho Hum, Am I Boring You?



If you have read any of my posts about customer service you know that I am fairly conservative and some would say old fashioned.  I don't know how that is since I am still only 35.  I spend a lot of time on the phone.  This advice will be very short and sweet.

SMILE BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE!

Image result for Smile
You absolutely can hear a smile and more importantly you can hear a frown!  It is very depressing to hear the ho, hum, answer of a receptionist answering the phone.  You may have read my rant about auto-attendants.  You can read it here I Yell At Phones.  If the person answering your phone is going to sound like their dog just died, (I hope that is not the case) don't have anyone answer your phone.  Please get someone with a pleasant voice to record a simple auto-attendant message.  Yup, I said it.  Use an auto-attendant.

The person answering your phone is a first impression of your company. It may seem trivial, but it sets the tone for the interaction.  People buy from people they like.  Read more about that here:  People Buy From People They Like

In case you think I am just a curmudgeon, here is another article on this very subject.  


Short rant for today.  Aren't you lucky?


If you like what you see, please share it!

============================================================
Lori Hanken has been in sales and marketing for over 30 years. She is passionate about service and providing value to her vendors, prospects and clients. Lori is currently co-owner of Total Displays with her husband David. They help people look great at events, trade shows, in retail, museums and develop long partnerships with customers and suppliers. If you would like to learn more, email her at lori@totaldisplays.com. She is an open networker, connect with her on LinkedIn here.

Read other Total Displays Blog posts at http://totaldisplays.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment