Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Are You Interested Or Not?

 If you follow me on LinkedIn at all, you know how much I dislike the people that connect and then pitch their product or services immediately.

Here at Total Displays we build more than trade show exhibits. We build relationships. You cannot build a relationship with someone through email, or LinkedIn messages.

This month I connected with someone that does website development. The first message was pretty generic asking to connect because we had some "synergies" (a word I dislike, but that is another story). 

Since connecting with this person, I have received 5 messages since connecting on August 7th. 

Today I received this message.




Now, I am all about responding to salespeople that I have engaged to provide us with product or services. I do NOT feel the need or responsibility to respond to people that have sent unwanted or unsolicited pitches. I don't like being ghosted by a customer or a prospect any more than the next person, but this felt a little aggressive considering I have never replied to a single one of his 5 messages.

I will say it until my dying day. Provide value. Build relationships. Treat people with respect. 

People buy from people they like.








No comments:

Post a Comment