Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Lazy Salespeople - Rant For The Day

I have said it before and will say it again.   People are dying for customer service.   I know I am old fashioned.

Today this happened to me.

We are a small company.   5 seconds on LinkedIn will show that my husband and I own Total Displays.  Seriously 5 seconds.

I answered the phone this morning from an 800 number that had no caller ID.   I assumed it was a Robo call.   We all hate those right?   It was from the 2nd most hated thing, an auto dialer.

Here was the conversation:

Caller, "Hello, make I speak to the owner of Total Displays?"

me, "No."

Caller, "Is there a co-owner that I may speak with?"

me, "No."

Caller (with a VERY annoyed tone). "Oh, well okay then....."

The call lasted all of 21 seconds.   If she had spent 5 seconds researching a name to call she likely would have gotten to talk to one of the two owners.

DON'T BE LAZY. 

Perhaps showing that you actually are interested in the person you are trying to sell to you might be a bit more successful.




===================================================
Lori Hanken has been in sales and marketing for over 30 years. She is passionate about service and providing value to her vendors, prospects and clients. Lori is currently co-owner of Total Displays with her husband David. They help people look great at events, trade shows, in retail, museums and develop long partnerships with customers and suppliers. If you would like to learn more, email her at lori@totaldisplays.com. She is an open networker, connect with her on LinkedIn here.

Read other Total Displays Blog posts at http://totaldisplays.blogspot.com/
You can also check out our website at www.totaldisplays.com





No comments:

Post a Comment